How does attentive non-medical home care prevent hospital re-admissions?
While the argument is often made that skilled medical home care helps patients avoid hospital re-admissions, typically we don’t hear about the ways that non-medical home care works toward the same cause.
How does our approach to non-medical home care help clients stay out of the hospital?
Our home health aides …
- Help people follow discharge instructions.
- Offer companionship and talk with clients and families to asses each client’s condition.
- Keep an eye on seniors throughout the day/night and notify our team and the family of changes in condition.
- Prevent falls by providing assistance with bathing, walking, toileting, and moving in and out of bed.
- Make sure clients get to their doctors’ appointments.
- Pick up prescriptions.
- Manage medications, doses, and timing.
- Maintain regular schedules for eating and sleeping to prevent dehydration, hunger, and exhaustion.